Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Homecoming

Hello All,

That deafening silence is the sound of me ignoring the game that was played last Thursday night. I am not even going to name which specific game I am talking about. I am burying my head in the sand, refusing to acknowledge it and moving on.

This is a shorter post than usual, because I am prepping for Homecoming weekend in Miami, which means I will be attending my first ‘Canes game since the Champs Sports Bowl in 2009.

Hopefully this is less embarrassing.

For all of those reading this that I am in contact with, get ready for a wild weekend.

For all of those reading this that I am not in contact with (I assume not many)…holler at me if you want some beer and ‘Canes talk this weekend.

I see you Miami.

Last week I was the definition of mediocrity at 5-5. That brings my season record to 52-24.

This week there is only one game that matters enough for me to pick it. Maybe you have heard it is being played:

Georgia over New Mexico State

...Kidding...

Alabama over LSU

Clearly the two best teams in college football. Both could probably beat the Dolphins. I like Alabama in a close one, which given this rivalry will probably be decided on a fake punt touchdown run on 4th and 17 late in the 4th quarter.

LSU’s defense is nasty, but here’s a little secret…so is Alabama’s. And Alabama is at home under the lights.

And yes, I am all for a rematch in the BCS Title Game. And no, I do not love the SEC.

Always guard the inbound passer.

No comments:

Post a Comment