Friday, October 12, 2012

UNC Week

Hello All,

To the dozens 2 of you that tried to tell me I was ducking everyone by not posting since the debacle that was Notre Dame, I hear you. 

I have been a little tied up with work. 

Orioles fever...I mean, c'mon.

And to be honest, maybe I was ducking everyone a little.

No matter, I am here now, and the dozens 8 of you that faithfully read my erratic posts can rest assured.
I am bent, but not broken.

Now, let's get something straight. I am not going to dwell on the Notre Dame game, because quite frankly I would like to keep that as blacked out as possible.

Just know this: IF Dorsett catches one of those touchdowns and IF A.J. Highsmith snags that interception, the 'Canes are up at least 10-0. And that is a different ballgame.

This week the opponent is North Carolina, and they have a high powered offense featuring the #1 running back in the conference in Gio Bernard.

Yes, he will probably run for eleventy billion yards.

Yes, at least once, you will be very pissed off during this game.

Yes, you will question why you ever started rooting for this team.

But the 'Canes will battle. I am not sure to what result, but they will fight. They are too young to know any better.

Prepare yourselves for the inevitable shootout and probable emotional roller coaster. If you have plans on Saturday night, make sure to budget in some nap time beforehand. 

(That is, unless you're the type of fan that takes naps during the game. Not to name names.)

With these two quarterbacks, it could resemble Baylor - West Virginia 2: Electric Bugaloo.

And I am looking just as forward to it as to the Orioles staring down the Yankees tonight at 5PM EST.

-- --

Last week I went 3-4 (2-5). No, there are no remiburements if you used my picks; in fact, if you used my picks for actual gambling purposes I am going to have my friend Tommy come hit you on the head with a tack hammer. Season record: 18-10 (14-14).

The picks:

TEXAS over Oklahoma (-3)

Find me something cooler than the overhead shot of the fans at Red River and I will give you $20 out of my pocket.

VTech (-9.5) over DUKE

Congrats universe, you win.

STANFORD over Notre Dame (-7)

Old grudges die hard.

BAYLOR (-7) over TCU

It would certainly help if TCU, ya know, had a quarterback.

USC over WASHINGTON (+13)

Really tempted to pick Washington in the upset. Actually, ya know what? Screw it.

WASHINGTON (+13) over USC

LSU (-3) over Cackalacky

Repeat after me: you do not win at Death Valley at night.

Go Canes, and Go Orioles.


No comments:

Post a Comment