Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 2 Picks

Hello All,

Last week started off my weekly picks in typical crappy Stein on the Sidelines fashion: 2-3.

This week there is no Miami game but I figured I would put up some picks anyway, and this week add a wrinkle since I actually live close to Vegas and have a tendency toward gambling beers on college football games with my cubicle mate. Anyway, here are my picks for this week.

FIU (-4) over Louisville

FIU has something goin' for the first time in...ever. Mario Cristobal is a hell of a coach. Shoot, I actually like Charlie Strong a lot too. Whatever, screw Louisville, screw Teddy Bridgewater and definitely screw Clint Hurtt. Go to hell. Excommunication begins.

Michigan (+3) over Notre Dame

Nothing makes me happier than being wrong on last week's Notre Dame pick. Well, Lou Holtz re-enacting the Life Alert commercial in real life would make me happier. And no one being there to help him.

Anyway, Michigan finally has moved into the 20th century and is hosting a night game. Notre Dame blows. There coach is a tumbling, tumbling dickweed. Michigan in the home upset.

Georgia (+3) over Cackalacky

Because God damn it, I picked Georgia as my dark horse title contender this year and I refuse to concede after one week. Another home Dawg (see what I did there?) for the win.

Mizzou over Arizona State (-10)

This is my biggest upset pick of the week. I am a little afraid that there has been some injury to some secretly awesome Mizzou player because the line has moved a field goal on BoDog since it opened. Personally I think Arizona State reeks of "overhyped preseason darling who starts off 2-3 and ends the season unranked". Maybe that is because their best player punched one of their coaches and didn't get suspended for it. Maybe it isn't. Who really knows?

Rammer(murthy) Jammer Yellow Hammer over Penn State (+10.5)

SEC vs. Big Ten (or whatever the hell it is called now). I think we all know how this plays out. I will say this, however: 'Bama will not win it all this year. LSU and at least one other SEC defense is going to eat their QB situation alive. Write it down.

Mississippi State over Auburn (+6)

Cam Newton Bowl!

UNC (-10) over Rutgers

Gentlemen of the South always triumph over the Jersey-shore set. But I would probably bet Rutgers to cover.

NC St. over Wake (-1.5)

Ho-hum.

Tennessee (-4.5) over Cincy

Because I am sick of people from Cincinatti pretending to be southerners but demeaning the south as meth using child molesters at the same time. I got news for ya Cincinatti...Ohio ain't exactly The Ritz Carlton.

UCF (-7.5) over B.C

Whatever.

Always guard the inbound passer.

No comments:

Post a Comment