Friday, August 31, 2012

Boston College Preview

Hello All,

I realized that, once again, it is time to break down an actual matchup.

(Gone this year will be the predictions. I don't think anyone really cared.)

Here's the problem: I have no fucking clue who will do what in the first game this year.

Jacory out, Morris in.
I have never been less sure of what is going to transpire in a season.

Think about this: Miami is replacing its QB1, best running back, two best receivers, and best defender.

I am confident the production will be filled by someone, but I have no clue who. That's the beauty of this year's team and maybe the scariest for opponents: no one knows where we are attacking from.

You will hear this used as a negative from the national media, that this team is unproven. I recognize that there will be head scratching moments and probably some dumb losses; such is the life of a college football team relying on underclassmen.

However, unproven does not mean untalented. This team CLEARLY has talent. They are bigger, faster and stronger than they were last season, and last season they lost 6 games by a combined 31 points. One more touchdown a game, or one better defensive stand, or one WHATEVER per game, and this team easily could have been playing for a BCS spot.

So sure, the floor of this team might be 4-8. But the ceiling is 9-3.

Do I know who will do what against BC? Hell no I do not.

And quite frankly, after the last 4 years, that ain't a bad thing.

Because when you replace all those guys off a 6-6 team, what have you really lost?

Go Canes. Beat BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment